Hit the beach with AXS TV this spring, as the Network presents the star-studded music series 80s In The Sand, premiering Sunday, April 7 at 8pE/5pP. The four-part series was filmed at the popular 80s in the Sand music festival at the Breathless Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic—a weeklong celebration of all things ‘80s, packed with unforgettable performances by some of the decade’s most beloved entertainers.
Each episode is hosted by a different ‘80s television and radio personality, who will be on hand to guide viewers through some of the festival’s premier sights and sounds, before sitting down for insightful interviews with the festival’s top performers. The series also features appearances and performances by metal mainstays Bret Michaels and Sebastian Bach; Brit pop rock superstars When In Rome, ABC,The English Beat, and Wang Chung; SoCal sextet Berlin, with frontwoman Terri Nunn; chart-topping songstress Taylor Dayne; and new wave favorite Thomas Dolby, among others.
- The season kicks off on April 7, as radio personality and former VJDowntown Julie Brown gives viewers an inside look at the hottest happenings at the 80s In The Sand festival, as she gets a few familiar faces to open up about their rock n’ roll firsts, and hangs out with Poison front man Bret Michaels.
- April 14 puts the spotlight on a pair of original VJs, as Mark Goodman joins some of the ‘80s most influential acts to reflect on the decade’s best moments, and Alan Hunter sits down with multi-talented metal mastermind Sebastian Bach, in a fully-loaded episode that also features exclusive interviews with some of the ‘80s most iconic actors.
- Then, on April 21, trailblazing new wave and pop radio DJ Richard Blade catches up with The English Beat and Berlin to discuss their favorite ‘80s memories, and Berlin delivers a powerhouse performance featuring “Take My Breath Away,” “The Metro,” and more.
- The series comes to a close on April 28, as Alan Hunter reminisces with Wang Chung and Cutting Crew, followed by a special performance, and Taylor Dayne joins Downtown Julie Brown for a candid conversation before rocking the crowd with some of her biggest hits.
About AXS TV
Launched in 2012 by visionary entrepreneur CEO Mark Cuban in conjunction with AEG, Ryan Seacrest Media, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and CBS, AXS TV has established itself as the premier destination for music and entertainment programming. The network delivers an eclectic programming roster that includes original series such as The Big Interview With Dan Rather, Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar, and Real Money, as well as hard-hitting mixed martial arts events, and a slate of acclaimed documentaries and iconic concerts from some of music’s most influential artists. AXS TV is also the U.S. home of the popular New Japan Pro Wrestling and WOW-Women Of Wrestling promotions and Legacy Fighting Alliance (LFA). AXS TV is currently available nationally in the United States and parts of Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. For a list of providers, visit axs.tv/subscribe. For more information, see www.axs.tv. Follow AXS TV on Facebook,Twitter @axstv; Instagram; and YouTube. Press information is available at axstvmediacenter.com.
- Photo Credit: Kelley Sweet Photography