This past Friday, earMUSIC released the live album “Live In Atlantic City” by Heart, and this is a collection that certainly culminates their music career. This performance was originally seen and heard on VH1 Decades Live from 2006.
This album features a lot of the classic Heart songs that you are familiar with such as “Crazy On You”, “Barracuda”, “Straight On”, and so much more! As a celebration of their esteemed career, Dave Navarro(Jane’s Addiction, ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers) joined them for “Bebe La Strange”, “Straight On” and “Crazy On You”. We got to see a different side to Heart as they collaborated with Alice In Chains for their classic songs “Would?” and “Rooster”. They also played a wonderful cover of “Misty Mountain Hop” by Led Zeppelin.
The collaborations with Ann and Nancy made this so enjoyable. Their single “Lost Angel” has a bit of a country acoustic vibe, and Ann’s voice is still like no other; she’s truly a rock goddess!
I especially loved the songs with Alice In Chains as they are one of my favorite alternative bands. Carrie Underwood harmonized well with the ladies, as did Gretchen Wilson. This record is definitely worth the listen for Heart fans and to celebrate classic rock as a whole!
Here is the track listing below:
- Bebe Le Strange (with Dave Navarro)
- Straight On (with Dave Navarro)
- Crazy On You (with Dave Navarro)
- Lost Angel
- Even It Up(with Gretchen Wilson)
- Rock ‘n’ Roll (with Gretchen Wilson) (Led Zeppelin cover)
- Dog & Butterfly (with Rufus Wainwright)
- Would? (with Alice In Chains & Duff McKagan)
- Rooster (with Alice In Chains & Duff McKagan)
- Alone (with Carrie Underwood)
- Magic Man
- Misty Mountain Hop (with Dave Navarro) (Led Zeppelin cover)
- Dreamboat Annie
On Tuesday, March 26th, Heart has a show at Mahall’s in Lakewood, Ohio. For tickets and further information on the show, click here. (w/Lung, Masked Intruder, and Hogan’s Last Smash)
Fans can find Heart at the following locations: