Those that know me know that I’m a quirky person. I have the oddest pet peeves, and one of my pet peeves is when people are not original in their thought process or when they do something cause it’s the trendy thing to do. It’s kind of my free spirit as well, I don’t care if people think I’m cool, I’m just me. All I want from people is to be themselves. That said, here are some trends and sayings that need to stay in 2018.
- Flossing- It all started with this kid who wore a backpack who flossed on the Ellen show. Thanks Ellen and thanks kid. Now, every damn person in the world has to do this dance at every sporting event and every time a camera is on them. I find it to be incredibly annoying. Plus you floss with your teeth not around the waist area.
2. “Asking for a friend”. People write this on social media if they have a question or to be snarky. Shut up. You’re really asking for yourself. Yet, I know people who ask this all the time. STOP IT! It’s as bad as saying “on fleek”.
3. “I’m not crying, you’re crying”. That is all I need to say about this one.
4. “You can pay me in tacos”- I’m sure managers of Mexican establishments really enjoy applicants saying “just pay me in tacos”. I like tacos but give me money because I don’t always crave tacos.
5. “Building the wall”- For crying out loud, it’s 2018. You know ladders were invented and so were tunnels and airplanes, and boats as well. I’m going to put up a beautiful wall and shut down the government. Trump it’s a terrible idea. Plus, I’ve always said this, walls not only keep people out, but they also prevent people from leaving.
What are your five trends/sayings that need to stay in 2018? Let us know in the comments below!