WWE Crown Jewel culminated from King Saudi University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with a mix of nostalgia, some dude in red and yellow returning, and a whole lot of geriatric old-timers going on. Here are the results:
- Shinsuke Nakamura retained the United States Championship by defeating Rusev. 3 out of 5 stars
- Rey Mysterio defeated Randy Orton with the rollup of doom. 2 out of 5 stars
- The Miz defeated Jeff Hardy 2.5/5 stars
- Seth Rollins defeated Bobby Lashley 3/5 stars
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Kurt Angle 3.5/5 stars
- Smackdown Tag Team Champions The Bar defeated The New Day to retain when Sheamus pinned Big E 2.5/5 stars
- The Miz defeated Rey Mysterio 2.5/5 stars
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Seth Rollins 3.5/5 stars
- WWE Champion AJ Styles defeated Samoa Joe to retain 3/5 stars
- Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman to win the vacant WWE Universal Championship negative 3 stars out of 5 stars
- The Miz and Dolph Ziggler never got underway in the World Cup final. 1/5 stars
- Shane McMahon defeated Dolph Ziggler to win the World Cup 1/5 stars
- DX defeated The Brothers of Destruction when Triple H pinned Kane 3/5 stars
Rating: 1.5/5 stars
What a terrible freaking show. The World Cup tournament was a total fiasco. Shane McMahon literally enters himself in the tournament finals and beats Dolph Ziggler. It doesn’t help anyone! The only positive I can see out of this is a possible heel turn from Shane McMahon. He seemed to be overly showboating winning the World Cup tournament.
Shawn Michaels about busted his face from that moonsault after The Undertaker and Kane failed to catch him in the moonsault. It looked like his nose and upper lip got busted. Plus, he looks really weird bald. Shawn Michaels still has it, however Kane needs to be a mayor and not wrestle. The Undertaker looked better, but he needs to retire at Wrestlemania 35. Triple H looked like he hurt his wrist, but he can still go.
I don’t really care about Hulk Hogan returning. He did receive a good pop in Saudi Arabia, but man he needs to go away. I’m sure he needs money to make up for the alimony from his divorce with Linda Hogan. I was hoping that he’d mistake Saudi Arabia with Iran. That would’ve been hysterical. Pretty underwhelming return.
Renee Young is beyond annoying on commentary.
The Miz should’ve won the World Cup, then again, he should win everything ever because he’s the greatest heel in wrestling history. Fight me on this one.
I was really hoping for a Constable Corbin feud with Braun Strowman- said no one ever
The seats at least looked comfortable at Crown Jewel because it was sure a snoozefest.
Rating: 1.5/5 stars, the worst PPV this year.